hello Rupeck. Can you upload to itch.io the platform runner engine?
A downloadable asset pack
This Platformer Engine is designed to be everything you need to create any platformer game. The engine has a long list of features which will be added to continuously as it is developed.
The code is clean and well commented, explaining how each part of the engine works.
- Pixel-perfect collisions & movement
- Wall jumping
- Variable jumping
- Fallthrough platforms
- Moving platforms/blocks
- Circular moving platforms
- Bouncy platforms (bounce when entities jump on them)
- Crush entities with moving blocks
- Falling platforms
- Lift platforms
- Modifying platforms (e.g. ice/mud blocks)
- Modifying zones (e.g. increase speed in certain area)
- Gold, items & chests
- Example enemies (jumping, walking, flying)
- Line of sight detection
- Entity health system
- Sprite-based health bars
- Parallax backgrounds
- Weapon system (weapon logic stored outside of player object)
- Example weapons (bow, axe, whip)
- Springs & spikes
- Crushing blocks (Fall when player is below, then reset)
- Controller support
- Local Multiplayer example
- Water physics
- Ledge grabbing
- Support for my [Pathfinding for Platformers] asset
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey Rupeck! Great job on this engine, it's really one of the best! But where's your runner engine? Uploading it on itch.io as well would be great!
This is amazing! Highly recommend this. You can edit this to fit your needs very easily. This engine will save you so much time and let you tweak it to fit your needs.